Thursday, January 24, 2008

Kentucky Waterfall



Anyway.
Things that I greatly enjoyed today- on the way back from school, doing some grown-ass-man style errands, getting off the bus at Laurier, getting Adam's Rib, Sands of Iwo Jima and Les Triplettes De Belleville, for 50's film (well, the first two were- the third was just so that I could take advantage of the Boite's 3 for 2 deal). I was going to go buy fancy outdoorsy socks but, well...I got intimidated by all of the stuff on the doors of the Yeti wilderness supply place, and a dude walking out with skis didn't help. I walked up a block on the Main and bought a heaping helping of tortillas des mais and a taco, before going up to St. Viateur and considering whether or not to get bigos from the Hungarian cafe. But then to the hilariously misnamed "Latina" grocery to get what is not, but what could be considered, a panattone and mascarapone cheese for Laine's birthday. Home again, home again, jiggety jig. Lily came over to watch Adam's Rib, which was confusing and terrible, and to eat some pretty tasty foodstuffs.
Man, I forgot how awesome the charicatures in the Triplettes are- of Glenn Gould and Django Reinhardt in particular.
But I still need bigos, my boots fixed and to finish the Pope Lick Monster story for steps. And somehow scam this t-shirt:



Night

No comments: